RTSSV recognises the importance motor racing has in the Australian community and we’ve been fortunate to be selected as the official charity partner for the V8 Supercars at the Wilson Security Sandown 500 from Friday 11 to Sunday 13 September 2015.
Through this partnership we hope to directly engage with a large diverse community of motoring enthusiasts.
The partnership with the V8 Supercars offers:
- a face-to-face presence with the motor racing community
- improved community awareness of our services
- an opportunity to share key road safety messages
- fundraising opportunities
RTSSV supports motor racing only within a controlled environment. V8 Supercars embody a safe systems approach including:
- V8 Supercars vehicles are safe and fit for purpose
- Vehicular design and engineering provide non standardised levels of protection for drivers such as roll cages and five-point seatbelt
- Drivers are equipped with safety clothing including fire retardant materials and head and neck protection
- High speed driving is contained and isolated on a safely engineered track
- Drivers are licenced by the peak body Confederation of Australian Motorsport
- Unidirectional driving contains the risk of head on, side and cross road impacts
All media enquiries are to be directed to Bronwyn Saville, Marketing, Media and Communications Coordinator 1300 367 797 or email@example.com