Working at Road Trauma Support Services Victoria (RTSSV) offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of a unique organisation in Victoria. Benefits of working at RTSSV include generous NFP salary packaging options.
To apply, please include a current CV with a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria detailed in the position description of the vacancy you are applying for. This document will assist the hiring manager in establishing whether you have the relevant skills and experience to be successful in the role. In addressing the selection criteria, please provide information about your work history, qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience which is directly related to each selection criterion.
Selections to positions within RTSSV are based on values of appointment on merit and the provision of equal employment opportunity.
Manager of Counselling and Support Services
About the role
We are currently seeking a manager for our counselling and support services. This pivotal role provides the opportunity for a manager to lead a dynamic team of dedicated and experienced trauma and grief counsellors, to work with the leadership team to identify new program initiatives and offer a service that genuinely makes a difference.
As part of the executive management team and reporting to the CEO, you will have the opportunity to shape the organisation’s future.
Specific responsibilities include leading and managing all aspects of RTSSV’s counselling and support services, including; providing regular clinical supervision to the counsellors, participating in the day-to-day management of referrals, intakes and caseloads and the development and delivery of appropriate, accessible and best practice programs and to implement program evaluations to ensure that our programs are effective. There is a requirement to provide regular reports to the Board and yearly reports to our funding partners and community. As part of this position, you are required to develop presentations on a variety of topics related to trauma, grief and road safety prevention to both internal and external stakeholders. This role may also carry a caseload that equates to approximately 20% of the Manager’s time.
We are seeking an experienced professional who is passionate about leading a client-centred practice and has a can-do attitude. You will need to have a thorough understanding of trauma and grief and experience managing and supervising counsellors. We are looking for a person who can work autonomously whilst still playing an active part in the counselling and executive management team.
Building a culture of wellbeing is essential to you, and you understand that creating a supportive workplace is in the best interests of staff and the people who use our service.
You will bring experience and confidence to your leadership role and have a demonstrated record of leading, motivating and delivering positive outcomes within the team you have managed.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Bernadette Nugent, CEO, at RTSSV on 03 8877 6900 or email email@example.com to discuss the role and obtain a position description that outlines the key selection criteria that you must address as part of your application. Applications close at 5:00 pm on 22 May 2022.
Road Trauma Support Services Victoria is looking for experienced group facilitators in various locations across Victoria. Currently, positions are available if you live in the Dandenong, Pakenham, Laverton, Traralgon, Echuca, and Mildura. Our programs predominantly work with people at risk of or have traffic-related offences and preventative programs addressing road safety.
Work is casual, and we are looking for a mix of people who can work within the typical 9-5 time slots, evenings or a Saturday.
These positions require people to have experience working with groups that create conversations. As these programs are brief interventions, group facilitators need to create a safe space quickly to allow participants to openly share their driving behaviour and work on ways to prevent risky driving.
The road trauma/safety programs aim to change attitudes and behaviour and reduce risky driving recidivism. They are based on restorative justice principles and employ a cognitive behavioural approach using volunteer speakers with personal experiences of trauma and presenters from the emergency services. The program aims are to:
- Confront and evaluate participant belief systems regarding traffic-related offending
- Bring about a shift from blame to choice
- Assist participants in identifying and managing precursors to offending
- Provide peer discussion and problem-solving
- Provide reality-based learning using lived experience speakers
Please call Carmel Maher on 0410 418 819 to talk further about the position.
Training will be provided at a date to be determined.
Work with an inspiring team to make a difference and create safer conversations about road safety.
- Develop and nurture professional relationships with referrers and other key stakeholders
- Provide day to day management of dedicated programs, including enabling collaborative approaches, providing direction, and monitoring performance with stakeholders
- Prepare high quality, accurate and timely reports for programs
- Research and develop new partnerships for the delivery of programs to address current and future service delivery gaps
- Assisting in coordinating the strategic development and continual improvement of RTSSV’s education programs, ensuring best practice delivery, evaluation, and the ongoing financial viability of the program
- Working with the Manager of Education Services to develop and schedule a program work plan per specifications and funding limitations; oversee daily operations and coordinate program activities; determine priorities
- Provide leadership to the program staff to ensure transparent and streamlined processes and documentation
- Monitor and manage the quality and performance of the group facilitators, ensuring consistency of program content and output, including recruitment, induction, and ongoing professional development.
- To prepare periodic reports, financial statements, and records on program activities, progress, status, or other special reports for management or outside agencies.
- Support growth and program development by increasing referrals to the program by utilising the most appropriate promotional or marketing methods
- Develop and continually improve program materials
- Provide innovative and enthusiastic input to RTSSV organisational planning and actively contribute to the achievement of organisational goals
- Assist the Manager of Education Services as directed
Salary packaging is offered with this position.
All employment offers with RTSSV are subject to a six-month probationary period, and a satisfactory criminal history check before employment commencement. The staff member will be asked to participate in an annual performance review linked to the position description.
Please call Chris Harrison on 0407 826 700 to discuss the position and send your application to Chris Harrison.