Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Road Trauma Support Services Victoria. Our volunteers are the face behind the road trauma statistics that we hear so often reported in the news. Each of our volunteers has a unique story and perspective on road safety. By drawing on their experiences, our volunteers help us to make better decisions when we get behind the wheel so that we may reach our destinations safely.
Volunteering roles include:
- Volunteer speakers – sharing accounts of road trauma, and the effects of road trauma on our community to education programs, community and school groups
- Fundraising activities – organising local community fundraising events, opening doors to corporate sponsors
- General office administration support
- Support groups
- Peer-to-peer support
If you would like to become a Road Trauma Support Services Victoria volunteer, you will need to complete our registration form, you can download the form in either Word or a PDF.
People who have been personally impacted by road trauma play a critical role in our education programs. Help promote road safety in your local community.
- Have you been involved in a serious road incident?
- Are you looking to share your story with others in the hope that one less family is impacted by road trauma?
Road Trauma Support Services Victoria delivers local education programs that address the attitudes and behaviours of road users. Volunteers share their personal stories to get the road safety message out into the community and ultimately save lives! If you have been:
- injured or had a family member/friend injured or die
- first on the scene at a serious road incident
- a witness to a road incident
- a driver involved in a serious road incident
- an emergency service worker attending a road incident
…we would like to speak to you!
If you are interested in volunteering as a speaker, download a position description in Word or PDF.
To find out more about volunteering opportunities, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 367 797.